I have windows XP SP2 and have just upgraded to Apache 2.2.8 and have all of
the settings running for my existing websites on local hard drives.
However, due to a large increase in multimedia content I have added a 2TB
NAS device and have it mapped as a drive letter 'L:' for the local machine
that Apache is running on.  When I change the DocumentRoot in the
virtualhost (httpd-vhosts.conf) and under httpd.conf to read as:

DocumentRoot "L:/test"

When I compile the configs it checks out ok.  Then when starting the Apache
server I get a popup box stating that "requested operation has failed".

Then when checking the error logs I see the message that:

"Syntax error on line 246 of E:/AppServ/Apache 2.2.8/conf/httpd.conf:
<Directory "L:/test"> path is invalid."

Is there no way to reference to a network mapped device that Apache will
accept?  Normally I would direct reference the local NAS device IP via
\\<NAS IP>\share\test\ but I am unsure how that would be entered for Apache.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Brian