On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 5:53 PM, Daniel Aleksandersen
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>  …or maybe it is possible to check for a cookie, and if that fails (meaning
>  no override) than the mod_negotiation process would start. I have no idea
>  how this would look in a .htaccess file.

This might indeed be possible; but it will be complicated. It depends
on exactly how your negotiation is setup, but could look something
like

RewriteCond %{HTTP:Cookie} type=(.+)
RewriteRule (.*) $1%1

That essentially just tags the contents of the type= cookie onto the
end of the URL if it exists.

By the way, as with all complex mod_rewrite stuff, this would be
easier to do in httpd.conf rather than in .htaccess, and it can only
be reasonably debugged by using the RewriteLog.

Joshua.