I have a short question about mod_proxy_loadbalancer.
I haven't used this yet, and am investigating if this module is worth
upgrading our servers to 2.2 for.

I currently use an apache server to forward requests to a backend
application server. For performance reasons we want to add another
application server, and apache would balance requests to both.
However, when one of the application servers is/goes down apache
should stop sending requests to this server. From the documentation it
is not entirely clear to me if apache does this.
So my question: If I were to create a configuration like this:

ProxyPass /webapp/ balancer://appcluster/webapp

        <Proxy balancer://webapp>
          BalancerMember http://app1.example.com
          BalancerMember http://app2.example.com
          ProxySet lbmethod=byrequests
        </Proxy>

What would happen in this case were app1 dead. Would all requests then
go to app2, or would half of all requests just fail?

Krist

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]