I am trying to get a reverse proxy working for the following architecture:
Browser -->  HTTPS --> ServerA --> HTTPS --> Server B
I can get a half-a$$ solution working like this:

<VirtualHost _default_:443>SSLProxyEngine onSSLEngine onSSLCertificateFile
"C:/Program Files/Apache Software
Foundation/Apache2.2/conf/server.crt"SSLCertificateKeyFile "C:/Program
Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/conf/server.key"ProxyPass
/clustertest   https://XXX.XXX.X.XXX:444/clustertest</VirtualHost>

...but this isn't exactly how I want it.  It's taking the certificate from
ServerA and encrypting request, but then creating a new SSL session to talk to
ServerB.

I would like to be able to take the certificate from ServerB, encrypt the
request and have ServerA just "pass on" the whole encrypted request to ServerB.

Is this possible?

I followed the instructions in this link:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-users/200605.mbox/[EMAIL
PROTECTED]
...but to no avail.  I keep getting the "Invalid method in request
\x16\x03\x01" error which makes me think that ServerA is saying "why isn't this
request encrypted...this must be an error".