Hi,

James Carter wrote:
Thanks everyone for your suggestions..

Here are 2 of the domains that I'm working with (I've
got over 100 domains with this problem).

www.godefroybeauty.com
and
www.larsoncarter.com

OK, your A record for www.xx.com points to .200 but the A record for xx.com points to .211. You need to change the A record for xx.com to point to .200. This is definitely a DNS issue. You will also need to add ServerAlias xx.com entries to the virtual hosts (assuming they are declared as www.xx.com).

You also appear to have other DNS issues. The NS records don't match the delegation. The delegation lists the following nameservers:

name2.cachebeautysupplies.com
ns1.cachebeautysupplies.com

whereas your zone only lists:

name2.cachebeautysupplies.com.

Your SOA record also contains an invalid entry for primary master nameserver:

godefroybeauty.com has SOA record name2.cachebeautysupplies.com.godefroybeauty.com. bubba65_1998.yahoo.com. 2122 28800 14400 3600000 86400

I suspect it's missing a trailing period in the zone file.

You need to get these issues resolved.

HTH,

                                Neil.

--- "Neil A. Hillard"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Bubba,

James Carter wrote:
I have a dedicated DNS server and a dedicated Web
Server.

if I type in www.xx.com the webpage opens up.  If
type in xx.com I get the Red Hat Test Page from my
actual DNS server.

I have removed the A record from my db.file and it
still does the same thing.
And you've updated the serial number and reloaded
the zone?

Would it help if I posted my db.file ?
It would help if you posted the real domain name so
we can check the entries. Feel free to e-mail it to me off-list if you don't wish it to be public knowledge.

HTH,

                                Neil.

--- "Neil A. Hillard"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

James,

James Carter wrote:
After doing a little more investigating, the Red
Hat
test page is actually loading up from the DNS
server,
not my actual web server.  I guess I need to
tell
my
dns server to point to the web server if it is
an
actual web page request.
Your web requests don't need to hit your DNS
server.
Just remove the A record for .211 from xx.com.

Please also include the (relevant part of the)
problem.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
   "   from the digest:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Neil Hillard                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
AgustaWestland                  http://www.whl.co.uk/

Disclaimer: This message does not necessarily reflect the
            views of Westland Helicopters Ltd.