Thanks Narendra,
Even i had thought of the same but its still the same problem,

Till last week ,this instance was running smoothly but now suddenly it has
stopped even starting... no error messages anywhere...
DNSname has been registered correctly .
Since  instance first reads the conf file & then runs, i m now getting
error when i hit the url "http://<ip>:80"  saying "connection refused".If
instance is not running,then obviously url would fail.

I am trying to check all other probabilities with installation &
properties file etc .
Just to cross check ,
here is what i found

bash-3.00# svcs -l apache2
fmri         svc:/network/http:apache2
name         Apache 2 HTTP server
enabled      false
state        disabled
next_state   none
state_time   Thu Apr 03 10:49:30 2008
logfile      /var/svc/log/network-http:apache2.log
restarter    svc:/system/svc/restarter:default
contract_id
dependency   require_all/error svc:/milestone/network:default (online)
dependency   require_all/none svc:/system/filesystem/local:default
(online)
dependency   optional_all/error svc:/system/filesystem/autofs:default
(online)

Whenever i try to stop server instance (when its not running),i get
following message,which is obvious:

bash-3.00# ./webs1092 stop
httpd (no pid file) not running

I wonder if httpd daemon process has to be running on my solaris box
before i start the web server instance.

bash-3.00# ps -ef |grep httpd |grep -v grep
bash-3.00#

Thanks & Regards
Abhijeet

"Narendra Verma" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
04/03/2008 08:47 PM
Please respond to
users@httpd.apache.org

<users@httpd.apache.org>
cc

Subject
RE: [EMAIL PROTECTED] ld.so.1: httpd: fatal: libaprutil-0.so.0: open failed:
No such file or directory Killed

Hi,

Because libaprutil-0.so.0 is not in library path.

Just set the path

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:<directory that contains file
libaprutil-0.so.0  >

for example if your file in
usr/ucb/ libaprutil-0.so.0

Then set path

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:usr/ucb

Then run your server.

Thanks
Narendra