Since it's Friday afternoon and all, a longer answer might be useful:

RSS is nothing special - there is no real "pushing" or streaming from
the server. It is just made to look like that by the RSS reader
(client). All the reader does is to re-submit the request periodically
so that it quickly sees any update in the resource, so it's just like
you leave a normal browser sitting on a page and click Reload every
minute or so.

At the server end, you just provide a normal URL (albeit with different
markup etc.) The thing that makes it come alive is the application
*behind* the webserver that updates the content periodically. Usually,
you would map the URL to some backend process (PHP, cocoon etc) - rather
as you would for any dynamic content.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> -Grant

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential,
proprietary or legally privileged information. If you receive this message in
error, please notify the sender urgently and then immediately delete the
message and any copies of it from your system. Please also immediately destroy
any hardcopies of the message. The sender's company reserves the right to
monitor all e-mail communications through their networks.