From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Joshua Slive
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2008 9:22 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [EMAIL PROTECTED] mod_expires in Apache 2.0.54

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 12:14 PM, Karthick P
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>

> We have been using Apache 2.0.54 on SLES as our hosting standard for all
our
> applications. We have enabled the mod_expires in apache to set the
> expiration settings for the static content like JPEG, GIF, JS, etc. There
is
> a requirement that the expiration settings should be set at the directory
> level. Currently, it is set based on the file extension (or MIME).
>

> E.G. /directory1/*.js -> expires after 5 hours while the /directory2/*.js
> expires after 30 days.
>

> I have read the apache docs for mod_expires, it does not have any info on
> this. If anyone has any idea on this, please share.

The docs note that these directives are valid in "directory" context,
which means they can be placed in <Directory>/<Files>/<Location>
sections. See:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/sections.html

So for example, you can do
<Directory /full/path/to/directory1>
ExpiresByType whatever/whatever "access plus 5 hours"
</Directory>
<Directory /full/path/to/directory2>
ExpiresByType whatever/whatever "access plus 30 days"
</Directory>

Joshua.