On Apr 22, 2008, at 10:39, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I have an FTP server running and people can access that just fine. It is running on port 21. I just tried the validator but it said the address has to be in the form of a URL and not an IP. I wonder if that is the problem? I was going to purchase a domain name anyway ... maybe I will just do that.
Paul

As I said, many ISPs explicitly block port 80, so the fact that FTP works is in no way an indication that a website should work. But, yeah, it's an indication that you do indeed know how to port-forward, which is a good sign. Try the server on an alternate port and see if it works there. Purchasing a domain name will not fix the problem - it will merely cause the problem to happen at a hostname, rather than at an IP address.

--
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.
Jack London