On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 7:55 AM, Krist van Besien <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 3:27 PM, Harry Holt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Yes, it works.  Try adding
> >
> > AuthBasicProvider ldap
>
> What works? Do you mean that under apache 2.2 is is finally possible
> to do ldap authentication without putting a BindDN and Password in
> your httpd.conf, and without allowing anonymous LDAP connections?
>
> Krist

Well... that was my assumption.  But looking at the trace, it is in fact
performing an anonymous search before attempting the bind.  Maybe it's
possible to specify a fully qualified DN and avoid the search, I don't know.

Another option would be to create a user restricted to only be able to do a
basic search of limited attributes, and provide the BindDN and Password for
that restricted user for doing the search.  Exposure should be acceptable.

... HH