Searched high-and-low and found nothing which usually
causes some concern for a couple different reasons. I
think that maybe my search was all wrong.  So I try a
few different things.  Still no luck; then I think
maybe no one uses apache for caching content or no one
cares about the cache-hit ratio, maybe the metric they
use is savings in bandwidth.

If you got this far, do you know how to measure the
cache-hit ratio?