On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 10:59 AM, Hayward Lam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I need to support the ARK (Archive Resource Key) spec which requires URL
> ending with "?" and "??". For example:
>
> http://domain.com/ark:/12345/t41290?
>  http://domain.com/ark:/12345/t41290??
>
> Since "?" is used for request parameter, when it is ending with "?" by
> itself, my Apache Tomcat ignores it.
>
> I am thinking about using Apache Http's mod_rewrite to map "?" and "??" to
> request parameters. However, rewrite rules don't see query string.
>
> Is there a way to achieve this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

That's a pretty lame spec if it requires an unencoded ? to mean
something other than the start of a query string.

Anyway, you can examine the raw request in mod_rewrite by using a
RewriteCond against the variable %{THE_REQUEST}. That should allow you
to match against and substitute the question mark.