Hi,

I've encountered a baffling problem trying to serve web pages located on a vxfs
filesystem.  Files of 255 bytes or less are served fine, but pages of 256 bytes
or more result in a blank page in FireFox.  If I locate identical files on any
other kind of filesystem, they work fine.

I'm using the apache2-2.0.59-1.8 RPM under SLES 9 patchlevel 4, x86_64, with
VRTSvxfs-platform-5.0.10.00-MP1_SLES9.

I compiled the 2.0.63 apache2 source code and the result is the same.  I looked
through the source code and attempted to track down the problem using gdb
without success, mainly because I can't identify the ideal location(s) to set
breakpoints.  I ran httpd with LogLevel "debug" but could see no additional
messages.  The result codes logged by apache when using FireFox as a client are
"206 Partial Content", however if I use wget it logs "200 OK", but wget keeps
retrying without actually downloading the web page data.

Does anyone have any theories about the cause of this issue, or suggestions to
narrow it down?

TIA,

Annihilannic

It's simple! Sell your car for just $30 at CarPoint.com.au
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fsecure%2Dau%2Eimrworldwide%2Ecom%2Fcgi%2Dbin%2Fa%2Fci%5F450304%2Fet%5F2%2Fcg%5F801459%2Fpi%5F1004813%2Fai%5F859641&_t=762955845&_r=tig_OCT07&_m=EXT