Hi,

I'm trying to rewrite a HTTP connection as HTTPS one, but because of the
number of configured virtual hosts, I'm getting problems... I explain here:

- my server has configured 4 virtual hosts: A, B, C and D

- virtual host A has configured into HTTP default site (Debian Etch) a HTTPS
redirection and it works fine. If I connect to A:80, I get a redirection to
A.443 (ssl site) and it is OK.

    <VirtualHost A:80>
            ServerName A
            RewriteEngine On
            RewriteLog /var/log/apache2/http_rewrite_log
            RewriteLogLevel 9
            RewriteCond %(SERVER_PORT) !^443$
            RewriteRule ^/(.*) https://%{SERVER_NAME}/$1 [L,R]
    </VirtualHost>

- however, If I connect to B:443, C:443 or D:443, apache runs ssl and, by
default, I run virtual host *:443 and loads A:443. For avoid this, I'm doing
tests with following configurations:

    - I'm trying to configure a condition for doing HTTPS rewrite or not
(into ssl site):

        <VirtualHost *:443>
                ServerName A #(<----look at this)
                RewriteCond %(SERVER_NAME) !A$  #(in other words, if I'm
trying to connect with SSL support to a site with no SSL support)
                RewriteRule ^/(.*) http://%{SERVER_NAME}/$1 [L,R]  #(I do a
rewrite to a normal HTTP connection

    - but with this configuration, I have the following problem:
           - connections to B:443, C:443 or D:443 are correctly rewrite to
B:80, C:80 or D:80 (it is perfect for me!!!) but...
           - If I try to connect to A:80, web is not displayed. First
rewrite is done OK, but when it executes *:443, it seems that %{SERVER_NAME}
is not equal to A, so apache does another rewrite to http (a loop?)
           - If I try to connect to A:443, the same: %{SERVER_NAME} is not
equal to A

Can anyone help me!?!?!?!?!?!