Hi

Is there a way to enforce digest protection on a per resource basis through the use of database as opposed to an htaccess file? So that the database maintains which resources can be accessed by which groups.

Also, is it possible to specify that the digest authentication should be optional? i.e. not send an unauthorized header, just a WWW-Authenticate header. I'm not referring to hacks such as remove a header I mean a proper module that takes in this option, preferably to work with the module that does the database specification of resource protection.

Tim