Hi,

I am an end user of Apache HTTP server. I have a need to create aliases.
We use Apache HTTP through Oracle Application Server 10g.

Oracle support told me to use mod_rewrite, mod_alias to create aliases.
I have been able to put aliases in httpd.conf file to make it work. While
I read mod_rewrite, I got the impression that I might be able to bring
our application using http://myhost.com<http://myhost.com/> instead of
http://myhost.com:7779<http://myhost.com:7779/>.
Meaning without typing port number in the address bar even though it is
not port 80.

Although I read several documents regarding mod_rewrite, I did not get
clear instructions how to use it. Can someone tell me please how to
use mod_rewrite and whether port number can be hidden through mod_rewrite?

Thank you.

puran