TCP retransmissions are not related to Apache; it is an OS/network issue and you need to focus on the server interface configuration or the network(s) between the client and the server. There is a good, succinct troubleshooting guide here: http://acs.lbl.gov/TCP-tuning/troubleshooting.html

You might be looking at a network load issue or need to tweak the TCP retransmission timeout setting. But again, the issue is on the TCP/ networking layer and not an issue with Apache.

Good luck.

--
Thanks,

Ben Ricker

I use my cat's name for a password: he is called [EMAIL PROTECTED] and I change his name every 60 days.