Hi,

I am facing a problem in my web application's deployment and would be
grateful for any help in this regard. Thanks.

PROBLEM:
- When a client requests for our web application, the first page takes a
very long time to load. It takes almost 3 minutes. After that, subsequent
connections are quite fast. When i tried deleting the cache from the browser
and try again, it takes under 20 seconds to display the first page (it is a
simple login page). However, after several hours when i try again, it takes
upto 3 minutes to display the first page.

BACKGROUND SETUP:
- We have a JSF web application deployed in apache tomcat 6
- Tomcat is being fronted by Apache 2.2 Http Server using mod_proxy.
- We have 2 Apache servers on different machines that are load balanced
using DNS round robin
- We have 2 Apache tomcats on different machines that are load balanced
using Apache Mod_proxy
- We have a CheckPoint firewall in between the Apache HTTP server and the
Tomcat server.
- In my httpd.conf file, in addition to the mod_proxy configuration, I have
also added
Timeout 1500
KeepAlive On
MaxKeepAliveRequests 100
KeepAliveTimeout 15

Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!