Thanks for your reply.  I actually read the documentation which is where I
learned that I can put Rewrite directives in the directory section.  My
question is if there is any way to get around putting
RewriteEngine on
in each directory section.  I have   RewriteEngine on   in the config file
outside  the directory section but this did not seem to be enough and I had to
put it into the specific directory section.

--

Malka Cymbalista
Webmaster, Weizmann Institute of Science

>>> On 6/5/2008 at 4:21 PM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Krist van