I am trying to create a tar ball with Apache, Tomcat and my application
to be deployed later on a server with the same kernel as the building
machine.

When building Apache HTTP server, there is an option "-prefix" passed to
"configure" script that indicates where will the result of the build end
up.

Does it gets hardcoded into the code? Can I move later the build server
to another directory and just adjust configuration files?

For example, if I build with -prefix=/myproject/build/http, would it be
possible later on to move the location of the HTTP server to another
directory? (E.g. /opt/http)

In other words, do I need to distribute HTTP source code and build it
when I install my application, or can I build it ahead of time and just
configure it at installation time?

Thank you.

-Jorge