I have the following directives in .htaccess in one of
my directories.

<LiMIT HEAD GET POST>
order allow,deny
allow from myhost.dyndns.org
</LIMIT>

Now for the testing:
dig myhost.dyndns.org.. the hostname resolves
properly.

When i tried it on my browser, i kept getting denied.
When I looked at my error log, it says, denied by
server configuration....

When i looked at accesslog. i saw that when my pc
accessed the website, apache did reverse lookup on the
IP and it has the hostname given by my ISP. not the
one i registered in dyndns.org. Basically I just want
to only allow my dynamic IP workstation to access a
particular directory in my website. seems like "allow
from hostname" is not working for me. I'm using the
latest apache2.

Any idea what might be causing this?

I'm guessing, since apache learned the hostname of my
dynamic ip workstation via reverse lookups, when it
was about to process my LIMIT directives, it tried to
resolve the first hostname it learned. And when it did
it, it did not resolve to anything. I tried resolving
the hostname assigned by my ISP but it did not resolve
to any IP. so perhaps the IP only has reverse entries
and no forward..

Any idea how to fix this??

Thanks!