I could swear that I saw something about that in the mod_proxy documentation on the Apache site.

Anand Kulkarni wrote:
Hi,
I want to send large amount of data from client to server through
Apache. hence, I am using Apache as proxy using the standard mod_proxy
module.
Client does not know the length of data to be sent and hence can not set
the content length value.
So, how can I send this large data without knowing its size. I heard of
Chunked Data concept. How shall I introduce this concept in Apache?
Waiting for the reply.
regards,
Anand