I’m trying to use mod_dbd and mod_authn_dbd and replacements for mod_auth_mysql within an apache 2.2.9 server I built on solaris.

I configure up the database info as such:

DBDriver mysql
DBDParams "host=somehostname dbname=somedatabasename user=someuser pass=somepass"
DBDMin 4
DBDKeep 8
DBDMax 20
DBDExptime 300

I have the typical root directory configuration for the htdocs folder:

AllowOverride All
Order allow,deny
Allow from all

AuthType Basic
AuthName "Website Mysql Userdb Verification"
AuthBasicProvider dbd

AuthDBDUserPWQuery "select password from users where name = %s"

When I start the server I get the following error:

[notice] Apache/2.2.9 (Unix) DAV/2 PHP/5.2.6 SVN/1.5.1 configured -- resuming normal operations
[info] Server built: Aug 7 2008 11:06:05
[debug] prefork.c(1001): AcceptMutex: fcntl (default: fcntl)
[error] (20014)Internal error: DBD: failed to prepare SQL statements: Unknown command
[error] (20014)Internal error: DBD: failed to initialise

If I comment out the AuthDBDUserPWQuery entry, the DBD errors don’t occur.

I also tried the entry
DBDPrepareSQL "select password from users where name = %s" prepQuery

I was thinking I could use the prepared query with AuthDBUserPWQuery. But, when only the DBDPrepareSQL is present (and not AuthDBuserPWQuery) apache still gives the same errors.

Ideas? Is there something I’m dong wrong here?

Thanks much,

-Steve