Actually, changing the ownership of the path DocumentRoot is configured to use to the same user apache is configured to run as is a very bad idea.

What you should do, instead, is either changing the ownership to root, while giving it write access to the group that will update the content or using your regular user as the owner (provided he is the only user that needs write privileges there).

After you've done that, suppose we have /var/www/htdocs as the DocRoot, you want to chmod /var and /var/www to 711, and use 755 for /var/www/htdocs. If you need write permission for your group, use 775 in the latter.

As for SELINUX, you can simply run the command 'setenforce 0' as root to disable it.

Evert Lammerts wrote:
Your User's called 'nobody'

do a
chown nobody /path/to/document/root

obviously, replacing /path/to/document/root with the actual path to
your document root.