From: Audio Phile [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 8:57 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [EMAIL PROTECTED] lower cpu priority to perl scripts

I'd like to adjust the priority of /usr/bin/perl such that it will always run
with very low priority.  The PC that I'm using isn't very powerful.  I'm
running rrdweather on it and when a user hits the weather.cgi about 10
processes of perl scripts run,
which totally throttles foreground applications until they finish.

How can I assign /usr/bin/perl to always run with a really low CPU priority (a
really high nice value) for any script it executes? Is this an apache2 setting
or...?