HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 21:52:55 GMT
Server: Sun Java System Application Server 9.1
Keep-Alive: timeout=15, max=37
Connection: Keep-Alive

//OK[1,["https://www.clarityaccounting.com/login"],0,3]

This example was served by glassfish, but I have also seen this with
PHP scripts returning something similar.

It doesn't happen consistently, nor does it seem to be targetting any
particular content-type or URL.

Has anyone seen this before?  Any ideas what might cause it?

I suspect this may well be a browser problem.

Does the browser you are using know how to handle the content type?

If not, it will likely either default to plain text or prompt you to save the content as a file.

Also IIRC, content disposition of attachment should cause the browser to prompt you to save the content.

Dragon