On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 12:32 PM, André Warnier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> John McGowan wrote:
> [...]
> If you get a command window on the server where the Apache server runs, and
> issue a "nslookup ..." with the IP address of your workstation, what happens
> ?
>
> Then, *if* you get a delay, what does the file /etc/resolv.conf contain ?
>
> (As a matter of fact, when you connect to the server via SSH, does it also
> take some time before you get the first prompt ?)
> Just checking..

I wish it did...  I've seen issues like that in the past and knew how
to solve them.

This problem, while similar in appearance, doesn't seem to be DNS
related.  I didn't see any unexpected DNS queries when looking at the
tcpdump...

I've just gotten a different server on the network, that wasn't part
of the cluster of apache servers, to execute the cgi scripts quickly.
that server uses the same DNS infrastructure as the other servers.

I'm at a total loss here...

I know i'm not giving much to go on here... I was just hoping that
there was some common mistake i was making.

--
/John