I have this rewrite rule implemented and it will work fine if I access to Apache
web server directly.   But, if the traffic route to a load balancer (F5) then
to the Apache server
it won't work.  The browser will trying to open the maintenance.html page and
nothing will display and
it won't give any error either.

Here is what the load balancer F5 does, F5 perform a https server for the
Apache server.
So any traffic reply from Apache on port 80 will be display on port 443 on the
end user's browser.

Is there a way to change the RewriteCond or RewriteRule to accommodate the
Https issues???

The below syntax was recommended by Eric Covener? and it works for going direct
to Apache but not going through
the F5 load balancer.

       DocumentRoot /srv/www/maintenance/

        # Rewrite Rules
        RewriteEngine on
        RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !=/maintenance.html

# Apache log files and location
        ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/maintenance.error_log
        CustomLog /var/log/apache2/maintenance.access_log combined

        # Redirect rule
        RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /maintenance.html [R=302,NC,L]

#########  Local server landing page #########################
        <Directory "/srv/www/maintenance/">
        Options None
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all