On 10/11/08, Yoom Nguyen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  It doesn't work for me.  I am not quite sure what the problem is.  Here is
> the error again.
>
>  Syntax error on line 25 of /etc/apache2/vhosts.d/corp-yast2_vhost.conf:
> Redirect takes two or three arguments, an optional status, then document to
> be redirected and destination URL
>
> httpd not running, trying to start
>
>  THIS IS WHAT I HAVE
>
> > RewriteEngine on
>  > RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} ^(TRACE|TRACK)
>  > RewriteRule .* -[F]
>  >
>  > RedirectMatch Permanent ^/$ http://corp.example.com/Pub/portal/desktop
>  > Redirect Permanent /groupMaterials/MPSERS_plan.pdf
> http://corp.example.com/Pub/Grials/MPSERS_Plan.pdf
>  > Redirect Permanent /Vis/dvDnal.pdf http://corp.test.com/Pub.pdf

I tested by pasting your text without any errors, even redirected
properly on httpd-2.2 for Windows.  What version of httpd are you
using?

Try:
   head -n 25 /etc/apache2/vhosts.d/vipcorpinuat-yast2_vhost.conf
and check the last line.  Also try 24 lines.  Maybe a line is not
terminated properly?

Case sensitivity? You can use:
Redirect permanent /a.pdf  http://example.com/a.pdf
OR
RedirectPermanent /a.pdf  http://example.com/a.pdf
You can try the latter as an alternative.

Finally, delete the lines and manually type them (no pasting).  This
seems more an issue with the file than httpd.

HTH,
solprovider