On Oct 14, 2008, at 7:23 AM, GanGan wrote:

where can i find apache 2.3.0 for download and testing ? why ? for fun :)

We haven't actuallly rolled any releases of 2.3.x (or 2.4.x) yet, so you'll have to get them from Subversion. You'll need the trunks of httpd, apr and apr-util. Alternatively, you can get snapshots from http://cvs.apache.org/snapshots/ . Get the latest of httpd, apr and apr-util, untar httpd and untar the other two under the srclib directory of httpd.

Then you'll need to run ./buildconf in the httpd source directory, which will build the configure script. You'll need autoconf, libtool and possibly some more stuff on your box to do this. Don't worry, it'll complain if it can't find something and will tell you what it's looking for. Then you have a configure script that you can call as you normally would.

I highly encourage you to play around with the bleeding edge, and tell us what you think. But if you just want to set up a server, why not download the released version, 2.2.9, from http://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi ?

S.

--
Sander Temme
[EMAIL PROTECTED]