Hi,

I have this site that has a directory with some files.
A few weeks ago, two web bots started sucking those files at an impressive rate.

I've put a .htaccess file like this in the directory:

AuthType Basic
AuthName files
AuthUserFile /home/foobar/public_html/files/.htpasswd
require valid-user

My question is if this is enough to stop the bots from sucking the
files or do I have to make Rewrite Rules for the bots and put them in
the .htaccess file ?

It seems odd to ask this here, because I should be able to see it for
myself, but I have the site on a hosting service and I don't have
access to the logs.
Only at the beginning of the next month.

Warm Regards,
Mário Gamito