I recently configure apache 2.2.3-11 64 (rpm) on Centos5 64 as reverse proxy with disk cache. For start I have 11 sites on this proxy. Everything works just fine about 2 days. In this time the size of cache folder go wild (4.4 Gb) with htcacheclean daemon up and runing
        #htcacheclean -d30 -t -p/var/cache/mod_proxy -l1000M
And like this is not to much all ready, some sites stop working with strange errors like 403 Forbiden (but on refresh it's ok) and redirect or endless loop problems. I suspect that is something related with cache : after a while the headers in the cache get mess up and apache start serve wrong pages.
        If I remove all the cache and restart apache things start working again.
Now I compile a 2.2.10 apache and I use the build in htcacheclean to see what happen.
        If anyone has experience same problems with apache , please give me a
sign

Alex