Hello,

I'm running Apache 2.2.10 on Windows 2003 EE. I have a directory aliased to a mapped network drive. I have setup a user which has permissions to access these drives, and have specified that the apache service should be run as that user (By changing the services "Log on" account). However, when I try and start this service, it fails. From the services MMC I receive an error message saying that Windows couldn't start the service due to an error code 1. When I try and start the service via the command line (httpd -k start) it fails silently. Whats strange is that if I simply run the command (httpd) Apache starts fine.

I've tried several things to pin down what exactly is causing this issue and it seems to be that the service isn't really trying to run as the user I've specified. If I remove the directory alias to the network drive, I am able to start Apache as a service with no issues. I've also found several articles specifying how to set this up, but none seem to work:

        http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/platform/windows.html#winsvc

http://www.everything2.com/e2node/Connecting%2520to%2520a%2520network%2520resource%2520in%2520Apache

        Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,