Charles Payne (Travel Channel) wrote:
Guys,

I have an issue that I can seems to find online. I have a mod_rewrite rule that looks like this

RewriteRule ^/test      http://myother.webserver.com [R]

But what I want to do is anything that is a part of the directory /test I want it to go to the other server.

Can I do something like thing

RewriteRule ^/test* http://tdocs.travelchannel.com/teams/Login.do

Sorry this might be an easy question but I can seem to find a straight answer on google.

Thanks

The first component of a RewriteRule is a regex, so something like this should get you there (you were close).

RewriteRule ^/test.* http://tdocs.travelchannel.com/teams/Login.do

Now, this will redirect anything that starts with /test, so if you want to make sure the request is a directory, you can make it stricter as follows:

RewriteRule ^/test/.* http://tdocs.travelchannel.com/teams/Login.do

Justin Pasher