Hi everyone,

I can't find a clear statement in the Apache 2.2 documentation about the
following scenario:

I have the following configuration for index files:

        DirectoryIndex index.cgi

The request

        domain.tld/dir_containing_index_cgi/

works as expected.

Now, since CGI defines the PATH_INFO mechanism,
(See section 4.1.5. in http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3875)
the request

        domain.tld/dir_containing_index_cgi/index.cgi/foo

results in execution of index.cgi with the meta-variable

        PATH_INFO set to "foo".

*The question now is*:

Is Apache 2.2 supposed to evaluate requests like

        domain.tld/dir_containing_index_cgi/foo

so that the index.cgi is executed with the meta-variable

        PATH_INFO set to "foo"?

Here it gives me a 404 error, saying it cannot find the specified
resource. I just want to be sure, that it is not a configuration
mistake, that prevents requests like that to function.

For me the PATH_INFO mechanism is stupid anyway since I don't see any
advantage over the QUERY_STRING mechanism which is defined too.

But nevertheless it is defined and used.

With warm regards,
Jan Sievers

--
Jan Sievers                              |
Freie Universität Berlin                 | [EMAIL PROTECTED]