Norman:
Thanks a lot! It works. The httpd.conf file is a tedious piece of code and it is so easy to spend a lot of time on changing it.

-Paul

Norman Peelman wrote:
Paul McFerrin wrote:
My Virtual Hosts are not working..

Here is the scoop. Running Apache 1.3 and have the following configuration file:
  NameVirtualHost pmcferrin.homedns.org:80
[[default virtual hosts definitons]]
<VirtualHost    pmcferrin.homedns.org:80>
      DocumentRoot /usr/local/apache/htdocs
      ServerName mcferrin.homedns.org
      ErrorLog /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log
      CustomLog logs/access_log common
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost genealogy.homedns.org:80>
      VirtualDocumentRoot /e/genealogy
      ##DocumentRoot /e/genealogy
      ServerName genealogy.homedns.org
      ErrorLog /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log
      CustomLog logs/access_log common
</VirtualHost>

I have TWO domain names pointing to the same host machine. I ran apachectl configtest whth no errors. I tried using IP address for the container; no go. It seems to be setting the first VirtualHost only.

My Dynamic DNS has both domains with the same IP. I'm trying to get BOTH domains to respond with their different web page, I want to avoid using IP address to minimize maintenance

What gives?  Not find anything useful in the FAQ's.

You can view my COMPLETE httpd.conf file at: http://pmcferrin.homedns.org/httpd.conf

Listen 80
NameVirtualHost *

<VirtualHost *>