Hi,

I have some files stored in a 'downloads' area of an Apache 2.2.10
server running on Linux Fedora Core 9.  I access the files via Windows
Explorer 6.

If I view (click on Explorer link) a file named 'file.c' with the UNIX
linefeed convention, all of the text appears on a single line in my
Explorer window.

If I view the same file, but this time named 'file', with no
extension, the text appears correct in the window.

If I do a 'save as...' operation, both files are saved the same.

On some internet web servers, this problem doesn't occur with my browser.

Why is the text shown on one line?  What do I need to configure differently?

Sorry this must be a dumb question...but I haven't been able to find
an answer in the mailing list or on the net.

Thanks for the help,

DH.

The config file is standard, with the following modification:

<Directory "/downloads">
    Options Indexes
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

Apache was compiled with the following options:
./configure --enable-dav --enable-ssl --enable-dumpio