On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 6:17 PM, Ong, Lawrence K
<lawrence.k....@team.telstra.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We are currently getting a lot of warnings in our logs in regards to
> deadlock, and I am wondering if anyone have experienced seen the following.
>
> Under load, we would get:
>
> [Fri Dec 12 08:50:23 2008] [warn] (45)Deadlock situation detected/avoided:
> Failed to acquire SSL session cache lock
> [Fri Dec 12 08:50:39 2008] [warn] (45)Deadlock situation detected/avoided:
> Failed to acquire SSL session cache lock
>
> We have already set up SSLMutex and SSLSessionCache with the following:
>
> SSLSessionCache shm:/usr/local/apache2/logs/ssl_gcache_data(512000)
> SSLMutex  file:/usr/local/apache2/logs/ssl_mutex

Look for a thread titled "fcntl based mutex on Solaris/EM64TLink to
this message" on google.  It's not resolved because there is no
reasonable default (AIUI). You might be able to change the AcceptMutex
and it would get you down to only 1 fcntl-based mutex.

--
Eric Covener
cove...@gmail.com