Exactly what have you done to start the daemon? have you nohup'd it? are
you using an INIT script?

> It appears that you'd have to run
> nohup htcacheclean -d5 -r -l700M -i
> or some such
>
> There IS an option that you can do. you can do this:
> add to your crontab a command to change out your cache. it could go in
> cron.hourly if you needed.

I'm starting the application with the -d daemonize option.  Even if I start
it with -v I get the same inaccurate outcome:

# /opt/apache2/bin/htcacheclean -v -t -p/www/cache -l750M
Statistics:
size limit 750.0M
total size was 705.3M, total size now 705.3M
total entries was 105415, total entries now 105415

# df -h /www/cache
tmpfs                 1.2G  1.2G   69M  95% /www/cache