I'm trying to do LDAP authorisation with an Active Directory server, and the "Base DN" has Japanese characters in it. This should be no problem, but I can't get it to work.

The Base DN is something like:
OU=裾野,OU=管理,DC=edsrd00,DC=local
The corresponding LDAP URL is something like:
AuthLDAPURL "ldap://server:389/OU=\e8\a3\be\e9\87\8e,OU=\e7\ae\a1\e7\90\86,DC=edsrd00,DC=local?sAMAccountName?sub?(objectClass=*)" NONE

I think it has the Japanese characters specified in proper RFC 2255 format. So I think there is a problem in the LDAP authentication module in properly sending the queries with UTF-8 content in the base DN. The error.log file says "[ldap_search_ext_s() for user failed][No Such Object]" which seems to indicate that the LDAP server isn't getting a valid base DN.

Any insights on this?

Regards,
Craig McQueen