Hi good Apache people,
  I am trying to use Apache as a front end to Tomcat and add a PHP bulletin
board in. Everything work nicely with a package I got from XAMPP. However, I
notice that sometimes my browser doesn't get anything back for too long (10-20
seconds). After 2 weeks or so I nailed it down to a page that would
consistently delay for 21 seconds. During that 21 seconds everything stop. No
CPU load. No response to any browser. I found these 2 lines of Javascript code
causing the bad juju:

  var
camera=document.createElement("img");camera.src="/map/images/symbol/smallcamera.gif";camera.height=15;camera.height=15;
  textDiv.appendChild(camera);

  If I remove these 2, everything is fine. Firefox works fine without having to
remove these 2 though. IE6 will stuck and show "loading
http://whatever/map/images/symbol/smallcamera.gif"; in the status bar for 21
seconds before finally complete (with the image loaded). In the log it said:

  [Tue Dec 02 06:33:30 2008] [warn] (OS 121)The semaphore timeout period has
expired.  : winnt_accept: Asynchronous AcceptEx failed.
[Tue Dec 02 06:33:30 2008] [warn] (OS 64)The specified network name is no
longer available.  : winnt_accept: Asynchronous AcceptEx failed.

  Currently, my workaround is to preload image in html page and hide it
somewhere.

  So my questions are
  1.why this dynamic loading javascript can freeze up the whole Apache process?
  2.would you please let us have more than one worker process in mpm_winnt ?

  Thanks
  Anan