Eek! Sorry for posting this, I posted too soon.
My development environment was "supposed" to deploy my application to where
I told it to, but it was screwing up a whole lot. It was missing files that
had been touched and recognized those as unchanged. It even copied over some
really weird completely blank HTML files that had nothing in them. I don't
know why it was doing what it was, but I switched to Ant :) and now I have
it all working.