Hi all,

I recently installed an apache web server using version 2.2.9, and I'm having
strange issues with the SSL behaviour. I don't need client certificate
validation so I didn't use the directive SSLVerifyClient. However, as apache
asked for a client certificate, I changed the SSLVerifyClient directive to
'none', with the same results.

I thought it could be a browser issue, however the same config in apache 2.0
doesn't behave this way. On the other hand I'm able to reproduce the problem
with firefox 2, 3, seamonkey 1.1.7 and konqueror. I don't see anything related
to this in the apache logs. I've done many tests and now I have no clue about
why it keeps asking for a certificate. It should be noted though that apache
asks for the certificate only once, if I don't restart the browser or delete
cookies.
Are there other configuration directives in mod_ssl besides SSLVerifyClient
that may influence this behaviour?

Some system information:
SO: Linux 2.6, 64 bit (Gentoo distribution)
Server Version: Apache/2.2.9 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.8h
PHP/5.2.6-pl7-gentoo mod_jk/1.2.26

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!