xPostings wrote:

> I really don't know if it's only a config problem on my side or
> if it's a change from apache 2.2.8 to 2.2.11:
> How can I compile httpd WITHOUT any linkings to libssl and libz
> (that means compile it into httpd). Also the httpd 2.2.8 is bigger
> in filesize than 2.2.11 (bacause libz and libssl is not compiled into...)
>
> My box is a debian etch only basic netinstall with

There were libz security flaws back in the early 1.1 and 1.2 series and
periodic security updates to libssl.  If you have the debian folks offering
you updated / patched / secured flavor, why on earth would you want to lock
into the flavor of the day and deprive yourself of the fixes to criticial
SSL/TLS vulnerability fixes as more are discovered in the future?