Hey all,
Here's what I'm trying to achieve.  I have a tomcat application deployed on
another server and have configured apache to proxy to it using mod_jk.
Works great.  So, if I go to http://huskar/  apache reads through, does some
rewrites and sends me to http://huskar/clearspace/index.jspa  (which is
actually http://luna:8080/clearspace/index.jspa)

Now, I want apache to do some simple authentication.  I downloaded and
loaded mod_auth,  created a htpasswd file, and put in the following
configuration..  (ignore, or pay attention to, the commented stuff... I was
trying a bunch of different things).

I read online that location should be used when you're protecting a url and
not a actual filesystem on the apache host..    Once this is enabled, it
does prompt me to login, and I login,  but then it forwards me to a blank
page(the redirect works), so I end up at
http://huskar/clearspace/index.jspa, but it seems like it stops responding.
However, if I do... http://huskar/clearspace/admin (the admin page) it
authenticates me(if I close my browser) and redirects me fine... which is
really bizarre.

If I disable authentication, both work.

Below is my location statements, as well as the redirects I have in place..

Any help is most appreciated.

<Location /clearspace/>
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
#        AllowOverride FileInfo Indexes AuthConfig
#        Options MultiViews Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch IncludesNoExec
AuthName "restricted stuff"
AuthType Basic
AuthUserFile /usr/local/apache/2.0.63/conf/htpasswd
require valid-user

#         <Limit GET POST OPTIONS PROPFIND>
#        Order allow,deny
#        Allow from all
#    </Limit>
#    <LimitExcept GET POST OPTIONS PROPFIND>
#        Order deny,allow
#        Deny from all
#    </LimitExcept>

</Location>

  RewriteEngine On
  # Redirect to correct hostname
  RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !huskar\.bedford\.progress\.com
  RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://huskar.bedford.progress.com$1
  # Load ClearSpace by default
  RewriteRule ^/$ /clearspace/index.jspa [R=301,L]

and for fun... my jk statements.

JkWorkersFile "/usr/local/apache/2.0.63/conf/workers.properties"
JkLogFile     "/var/logs/www/mod_jk.log"
JkLogLevel  info
JkOptions     +ForwardKeySize +ForwardURICompat -ForwardDirectories
JkRequestLogFormat     "%w %V %T"
JkMount /examples/* worker1 - testing
JkMount /manager/* worker2 - testing
JkMount /clearspace/* worker3