No, I couldn't find .mak/.dep files on
httpd-2.2.11-win32-src.zip<http://www.uniontransit.com/apache/httpd/httpd-2.2.11-win32-src.zip>
downloaded
from http://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi which retricts me to build through
command line through Cygwin.

I actually have an automated script which compiles the apache source through
nmake (VC command line as mentioned in "Command-Line Build" section on
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/platform/win_compiling.html URL) from
Cygwin.

This was working fine till httpd-2.2.9 version. But, now its failing now
with http-2.2.11 version.

Could you please let me know if there is any intention behind the removal of
.mak/.dep files from latest version of apache. I couldn't find any reason in
apache portal.

If there is a genuine reason in removing these files, could you please
suggest me an alternate means to compile Apache source through command-line
on Windows. So that I could just tune my existing script to work with the
latest apache source.

Thanks a lot in advance.