Dear Nick,
Thanks for your input. I didn't compile the other modules - I downloaded and installed the Apache Windows binary. I'm trying to add the proxy html module so that a small network can access the web.

The problem seems to me to be that initialiser elements need to be constants (unchangeable) but the directive flags are actually set elsewhere in the config. file. However, the 'errant' code structure is replicated in the main directives, so there must be a 'workaround' or 'solution'. I hesitated to go to the developer lists figuring that their interests might be more arcane - but I will if you think that's the best place. Regards, Arthur Mead

Nick Kew wrote:
Arthur Mead wrote:
I'm not sure how to stimulate interest here - maybe I'm in the wrong forum. My problem is that I cannot compile mod_proxy_html.c because of the error 'initializer element is not constant' in the 'static const command_rec proxy_html_cmds[] =' function.

I'm using the MinGW Compiler (the Windows version of GNU gcc-3.4.5) in WindowsXP.

The issue is that you're on a platform that's probably not
really supported. The place to discuss MinGW support would
be the developer lists.

How did you compile all your other modules?