Thanks I got it working.

I had to use CacheIgnoreQueryString On  because backend webserver was not
sending expiration time and cache module in apache won't cache the resource
if it has query strings and it has no expiration module.
I resolved this by turning off CacheIgnoreQueryString on apache caching
server and enabling  mod_expires.so on backend webserver as shown below:

LoadModule expires_module modules/mod_expires.so
ExpiresDefault "access plus 1 month"
ExpiresActive On

It looks like everything is working good.
Thanks!!!