Okay, this is the first time I've ever subscribed or posted to a mailing
list, so it would be cool if y'all go easy on me if I muck something up.
I have a problem exactly as the subject describes. Any file I serve under
Apache 2.2.11 is handled as if it has two identical extensions. This shows
up in directory listings, prevents index.html files from being detected, and
forces me to enter the extra extension to even access a URL directly.

This is the first time I've seen or even heard of this problem occurring,
and it seems to cause some connection problems as well. (I fought for nearly
half an hour just to "wget" a gzipped tar from my host to a virtual linux
machine. Attempts either returned 404 or timed out after establishing the
connection, and I only defeated the problem by removing the extension all
together.)

I am running Apache 2.2.11 on Windows Vista Home Premium x64 SP1. I have
already confirmed that turning off my anti-virus, firewall and proxy (all
software) does not make a difference. This occurs from within and outside
the network.

This problem started from a fresh Apache install.

Any help please?

All the best!
Brian