I just restarted Apache, try again!
  From: Nicholas Sherlock
  Sent: Saturday, January 31, 2009 8:06 PM
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Subject: [us...@httpd] Re: Help - Name Server - Maybe

  Nicholas Sherlock wrote:
  > Michael Rogers wrote:
  >> HI!
  >>
  >> For the last 6 months I have fiddled around trying to make Apache
  >> connect to the web or the web connect to Apache.  It does just fine on
  >> my home network when I type in localhost!  But if I type in
  >> www.michaelsrogers.com <http://www.michaelsrogers.com> it doesn't work.
  >> The address above is associated with the name server
  >> somkey.montanavision.net and the Apache is on my home computer.  I am
  >> running XP Home SP3, and there a router between me, and the web.
  >>
  >> Is someone willing to help me figure out what I am doing wrong or not
  >> doing at all that I should be doing?
  >
  > There are at least two things that could be going wrong here.

  I missed the fact that you were testing from your internal network. In
  that case, you need to use the suggestions from Razi Khaja to be able to
  access your site using that name locally. However, the two suggestions I
  made could be affecting external connectivity (I get "connection
  refused" for your site at the moment, but perhaps you have just shut
  down Apache).

  Cheers,
  Nicholas Sherlock